Thursday, August 5, 2010

Oaxaca City


Arrived in Oaxaca last night and straight away liked it a little more than Mexico City. The drive through the mountains with breathtaking views was a great precursor to the pretty little town called Oaxaca city.

Hunger had set in after the 6 hour bus ride so it was down to the main square to find a feed. I was able to order a chicken breast with guacamole which had the spirits lifted after a horror few days nutrition wise in Mexico City. The hostel here is really nice and I had a room to myself which helped provide for a great nights sleep.

This morning we got up before breakfast for a workout.

5 Rounds
7 HSPU
Lunge apprx 15-20m to ledge
12 Burpee Box Jump to 24-30 inch ledge
400m Run

23:50

then mucked around with some tree pullups and toes to bar.

Decided I need some goals for training abroad. First two goals =

20 HSPU (currently @ 14)
20 Strict Pullups (currently @ 13 tree pullups)

Back to the hostel for eggs, sausage, banana and a few glasses of milk breaky. Morale has lifted fitness wise.

2 comments:

  1. Max, Max, Max....seeking out KFC crispy strips for protein??...oh, how the (moderately) mighty have fallen.

    Having a bit of a laugh at your tales of adventure but somewhat underwhelmed at the proportion of "culinary tours" in comparison to stories of "local talent" ;-) Are you waiting for the book release for that stuff??

    My advice to you is this....don't worry about the corn-based carbs and training...let loose and enjoy, buddy...we all want to see you get back with about 5-10kg of muffin-top luggage.

    Looking fwd to your next installments, mate. Travel safe. Cheers, SG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boss. It hasnt taken long to find out that I am trul addicted to training. Having said this its 5am in Oaxaca Mexico as I write this and my stomach is full of mezcal and beer. Got a bus to catch in 3.5 hours so I better hit the sack. I just hope I can still do a Muscle up when I get back and even more that you can too.

    Living the dream.

    Max

    ReplyDelete