Friday, October 22, 2010

Barthelona


Every mate, mates of mates and various other young travellers I have spoken to have loved Barcelona so talking about how awesome it was would be pretty cliche. I booked for 3 nights with the intention of shooting up to San Seb for a couple of nights before making the journey south to Tarifabut found myself booking a fourth and fifth night in BCN. I think everyone has heard of the Spanish siesta and it was definitely something I was looking forward to experiencing however I didnt notice the siesta much at all... This was probably because after a night out in Barcelona the siesta naturally develops itself into your daily routine and is as much a ritual as brushing your teeth.

Going out in BCN is fantastic. Short and sharp. Meeting at 12, leaving a bar at 1 and arriving at a club around 0115 or 0130 is the norm with the clubs....in low season during the week.... closing down around 0500. This was the framework of my stay in Barcelona within which I made the attempt to fit in a few little sights of interest. A Gaudi walking tour, the Picasso museum and Park Guell were all I managd to see and I was not at all disppointed. Also within that framework were some great meals.... tapas where we gave the main man 10 euros each an told him to give us a great feed... that he did and managed to squeeze a few brews in the budget too. We took part in a paella experience where our mate Fernando taught us how to enjoy tapas the traditional way, how to make Sangria and finally how to make an excellent paella. We eat tapas, paella and drank plenty of Sangria until it was time for another fix of Barcelona nightlife... I stumbled into bed at 0730 the following morning.

Ive heard people talk about the people in BCN ..choosing life.. I saw it a little differently... They choose to live life with everything they have... they put all the passion, all the love and all the energy they have into every waking moment and after a morning of doing this they deserve a rest in the afternoon only to throw themselves into the night with the same energy as they attacked the day.

Nothing to report workout wise in Barthelona...

No comments:

Post a Comment