Saturday, October 9, 2010

Greek Islands e Italia!


This will be brief due to this French keyboard randomly swapping only the most frequently used letters around.. So I survived the Greek islands.. just... The alter ego Woodrow whom some have met on one faithful night in North Fitzroy was out about and in fine form. I think I was left behind at dinner most nights as the wood man took control and tore the Greek Islands up! He left my liver and I in a devastated state on the ferry back to Athens but also left me with some great...slightly blurred memories.

Athens to Munich. Munich to Venice. Bag left behind in Munich as I sprinted through the airport to make my connecting flight. One night in Venice. Off to Rome with my bag still trailing me. Shopping spree at Zara to be reimbursed by Covermore and on the bus again for a rendezvous with my bag in Florence.

Back to Rome. First impressions wern't the best but how could they be after living in the same clothes and out of a day pack for 4 days. The sites in Rome however..... are breathtaking. The Colosseum. The Vatican. The Pantheon. Structures made in times of inferior technology that are said to be impossible to construct today. Tad our guide from Roming Tours made Roman history hilarious. Definitely the most entertaining and informative walking tour of the trip so far....

To be continued... This keyboard is doing my head in....

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy. No problems at all re. returning to Aus timings...just whatever works best for you. Will be good to have you back on deck though. Also...if you came back looking the same as what you left, I'd be wondering if you had a holiday at all! While I am still muscle-up-less, I've managed to clip Ads in one or two WODs which has been enough to keep me going. Can you remember the 8hr "October Breeze" workout?? It being October an' all, Ads, me, Oz and Jason (spin) are giving it a red hot go this weekend....will be a massive task but looking forward to it.
    I'm sure Ads has told you, but he's now 100% CF Level 1 certified...passed his exam yesterday.
    Look after yourself, mate...try not to let the die-hard drinking machines leave you in their wake too often though! Cheers, S

    ReplyDelete