Friday, June 25, 2010

The Past Few

Tuesday's workout

Bench Press

3x 90
3x 90
2x 95

3 Rounds Not timed.

Max Ring Dips
15 Table Makers
15 V-Ups
15 "Strict" Abmat(towel) situps

Wednesday

Rest

Started with a run. Felt like crap so decided to get into the world cup spirit and do about 8 rounds of max chins on the soccer goal, run up and back the field then run home. Interestingly because of the thickness of the soccer goal I found I was using something similar to a false grip.

Had my shoulder looked at which was good and although a bit tender on thurs morning is feeling much better. 

Thursday's Workout

Deadlifts - hands off bar in between reps to eliminate tendency to "bounce" of the ground

5 x 125
5 x 130
3 x 145
3 x 150 PB

AMRAP 20

6 HSPU
6 C2B Pullups
6 Box jumps 24 inch

Feeling like a cheated myself a little here. Got to 8 rounds and my shoulders were completely wrecked resulting in huge rest and intensity leaking out of my workout so I decided to do double pullups and box jumps from then on in. Didn't help the HSPU so after round 9 did two rounds of 20 pullups and 20 box jumps. After this had 1 minute to go so did as many HSPU as I could after the shoulders had, had a rest (7 reps). What I should have done is bitten the bullet and finished the workout Rxd. Even better would have been to use something to change the HSPU depth before starting so I could have kept intensity. We live/train and we learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment