Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 1 - Strollin' and Cleanin' in California!


This place is crazy, good crazy. I'm lovin it. Trained at CrossFit Hollywood today had a great workout. Awesome guys down there, even got a lift back to the hostel and petrol money was refused. DInner at Lucky Devils, Organic chicken salad. Wild rice quinoa and flat bread on the side not paleo, the rest all paleo with nuts, chicken, salad and avocado. I think some flax aswell. The beer wasnt paleo at all but I needed a celebratory drink to mark the first day of this epic adventure.

I cant wipe the smile off my face. It's safe to say after 9 hours in California I have fallen in true love with approx 7-9 californian girls. Pictures to come. I've never felt luckier to be an Aussie (almost).

Quote of the day (warning explicit language): "You aint gettin' no head tonight if you don't getcho ass home now boy!"

Workout of the day:
3.something mile run to CrossFit Hollywood
275 pound Tyre flips 3 x 3 (team relay).
Tabata Monkey Squats - These are nassstttyy! Look them up. The fastest and hardest my quads have ever burnt.

WOD
AMRepsAP 20 (for poundage)
95 Pound Power Clean
Every time you drop or hesitate with the bar run 400m
127 reps = 12,065 pounds

Going from Melbourne winter to Californian summer was tough. It's safe to say the shirt came off when the 20 minutes was up. To save laundry of course ;).

Now im going to check out the hostel bar see if I can't make some friends :D.

P.s. Organic protein bars are my friend due to the only cheap food coming out of the deep fryer or broiler. Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment